Raymetrics' 3D scanning LIDAR is now available as a fully outdoor operational model designed for aviation, meteorology and environmental applications.
The system comes with a large telescope and powerful laser, making it probably the most powerful eye-safe scanning aerosol LIDAR on the market, providing unparallelled data quality and effective range.
Detecting up to three wavelengths, including co-polar and cross-polar channels, the LR111-ESS-D200 is probably the only 3D scanning LIDAR powerful enough to detect nitrogen Raman at 387nm, allowing for more accurate data and better particle distinction.
Inbuilt climate control, UPS (for safe shutdown and automatic re-start on power loss), rain sensor and optional rain hood, make the system suitable for nearly all environments.
The LR111-ESS-D200 model aerosol LIDAR can be used for a variety of purposes, including remote visibility measurement (Slant Visual Range, Vertical Optical Range), 3D cloud base height, fog detection, pollution and dust tracking and many more.
- Range up to 10km horizontal, 15km vertical (with excellent Signal to Noise Ratio >10)
- Proven operation in airport and aviation settings
- Complies with ISO 28902-1:2012 - Ground based remote sensing of visual range with LIDAR
- Eye-safe (defined by EU standard on laser safety 60825-1:2007)
- Complete software package including real-time data display and automated measurement scheduling
- Ability to program scans in any directions
- Flexible networking options - fully operable from remote networked workstations via built-in Ethernet port or LAN connection (controllable even over WiFi, such as from a laptop, tablet, or mobile phone)
- Weatherproof enclosure with climate control options for almost all environmental conditions
- Telescope designed by Raymetrics specifically for lidars, increasing signal efficiency by as much as 40% compared to off-the-shelf telescopes
- Optical quality glass for emitter and receiver windows to prevent chromatic aberration
- 200 mm telescope for increased signal detection relative to smaller telescopes
- High energy laser emitting 30mJ per pulse at 355nm for increased range and data quality compared to lower energy lasers
- 12 month warranty
- 3 day installation and training course on site as standard
- Company certified to ISO 9001:2008 standard
3D Scanning Raman Depolarization LIDAR
SVR, RVR, VOR (Vertical Optical Range)
Incoming fog bank detection
Fog cannot bypass as with in-situ sensors
3D Cloud Base
Remote cloud base - for forecasting
Total cloud cover - in 3D
Definitive volcanic ash identification
Altitudes of ash layers
Partical distinction (fire smoke, anthropogenic pollution, volcanic ash, dust, marine aerosols)
Planetary Boundary Layer (PBL) - including mixing height, up and down drafts, aerosol loading
3D LIDAR in operation